Our strategic business objectives and acknowledging the impacts of our activities. At JDR, we expect everyone to think about their role in managing their activities to ensure that they have a minimal impact on the environment.
To help us meet this vision we require everyone connected with our activities to:
- Ensure that every aspect of our tasks is conducted in line with sound environmental practice;
- Minimise the consumption of natural resources and energy, while consuming material goods in moderation.
- Ensure all waste and effluent is disposed of in a safe and responsible manner.
By following these principles and TH!NKING we will ensure that health, safety and environmental risk management forms an integral part of our day-to-day working practices.
These policy requirements are achieved by JDR primarily through effective organisational and management arrangements, and specifically:
- Invest in building a competent and capable organisation to deliver consistently high levels of operational and environmental performance, supported by strong visible environmental leadership;
- Adopt best practice and improve standards by working with our customers, contractors, suppliers, competitors, industry bodies and regulators while complying with relevant legislation and other requirements to which JDR subscribes;
- Ensure all Environmental hazards are identified and suitable and sufficient risk assessments are created for all activities;
- Set and monitor our progress against strong Environmental objectives and targets to continually improve our performance.
- Ensuring that the documented environmental management system is continually improved to ensure it remains appropriate to meet the needs of the business.
- All departments within JDR review each aspect of their activities to develop a complete understanding of their environmental impact. Based on this analysis we determine and implement control methods ensuring that the potential for negative environmental impact, such as pollution to land, water and air is prevented.
- To achieve our environmental objectives , we have established a culture of continuous improvement (CI). Our CI programme ensures that we agree, drive and communicate focused improvement goals and monitor progress;
- We will openly communicate our Environmental policies, procedures and performance to all interested parties
These commitments will be audited and reviewed on a regular basis.
This policy will be kept up to date, will be reviewed at least annually and is signed by JDR’s Chief Executive Officer.