JDR Cable Systems is seeking a commercial and delivery focussed Project Manager to manage and execute our Renewables projects from our Hartlepool site.
Working within the Tendering and Projects Team, within the Renewable product group, you will be responsible for the planning and execution of design, procurement, manufacturing and testing activities, the delivery of project documentation for customer review and delivery of the finished product and related documentation package within the agreed timeframe.
Commercially driven you will be responsible for ensuring the project revenue projections are achieved and the project is delivered on time and within the expected budgetary costs, and the respective margins are maintained or improved upon. Commercial leadership for the project and direct liaison with customers is a key part of the role, including the management of variation orders, opportunities for variation orders and any other commercial changes.
Working collaboratively across JDR the Project Manager role will also support the Tendering process pre-order as required by the Tendering Manager and/or Senior Tendering and Projects Manager.
JDR’s Service Group is responsible for the provision of service support on products which have been supplied by JDR, and other manufacturer’s products. A Service Support Engineer is required at our Newcastle facility to provide engineering support to the customer and field service team.
With a technical qualification in an electrical and/or hydraulic discipline and experience in power cables in particular Offshore Renewable cables, you will be the day to day focal point both internally within JDR and for the Customer for all Field Service requests for support with core responsibility on Umbilicals or Power Cables.
- Provide front end Technical support to the Customer for the service scopes of work.
- Assessing Customer needs and compiling the technical scope of work which can form part of the commercial bid. This is to include the method, materials, manning and skill requirements.
- Compile procedures and instructions for Service workscopes.
- Support Services training and competency plans including the provision of internal training needs.
- Provide formal 24/7 technical support as per rota and On-call policy.
- Guide the Service Admin support in the coordination of Technician travel & accommodation.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives to ensure best practice is maintained and improved upon.
- Maintain a professional bearing at all times and actively promote JDR products and services to Customers whenever possible.
- Ensure that all paperwork regarding each job is completed in a timely manner so that invoicing can be completed. This includes site reports, expenses, test sheets, etc.
- Support development and delivery of monthly KPI’s aligned to the Services business.
- Support the Company initiatives to gain and retain ISO 9001 & 14001 and OHSAS 18001 accreditations. Staff are required to be aware of the Standards and ensure they operate to them.