JDR is a pioneer in the development of Inter-Array Cables for offshore wind, wave and tidal energy projects. Our commitment to technology developments and client-focussed delivery on some of the world’s largest offshore wind farms has earned us an industry leading reputation and trust to provide the vital connection.
We have led the development of inter-array cable design and manufacture, creating comprehensive product systems for some of the world’s largest offshore renewable energy projects; from the Greater Gabbard and London Array wind farms and Wave Hub marine renewables infrastructure project in the UK to the Meerwind wind farm in Germany.
JDR is now defining cost-effective renewable energy for the next generation of wind power projects. Our product development is focused on innovations to improve long-term product performance and support the future growth of the industry; from our zero cable failure rate in service rate to research into high voltage inter-array cabling that will make offshore wind a more competitive source of power, to improving installation support.
Expert solutions across the full lifecycle
JDR offers a complete package for the offshore renewable industry; from design of inter-array cable systems, to manufacture and field service support.
Experienced offshore wind design engineering team
A team with in-depth industry knowledge of inter-array cable design and accessories including pulling grips, hang-offs, connectors and fibre optic splice boxes.The engineering team partners with customers during the design phase to create the most reliable products in the industry.
- Sheathed, coilable cable design recognised as innovative
- Water-blocking components considered amongst the best available
- Subsea repair joints
Specialist project management, enabling day-to-day working relationships and ensuring on time project delivery, linking customers to JDR’s full lifecycle offering.
A custom-designed manufacturing facility in Hartlepool, on the North-East UK coast; a dockside location, ideally positioned for offshore projects, with the facility designed for simultaneous production. Without the need for transhipping we can reduce timelines and provide real cost efficiencies.
- The facility can deliver individual cables weighing up to 4000 tonnes
- State-of-the-art carousels provide a storage capacity that provides a reliability, efficiency and cost-effectiveness of supply
Specialist field services
Complete lifecycle support from pre-commissioning to installation support; designed to maximise investment in product and lower equipment ownership costs.
Building strong customer connections
We work closely with our clients, from project analysis and engineering design through to manufacture, mobilisation and lifecycle support.
- Our close collaborations with clients help us to create innovative products that consistently deliver in line with the needs of each project
- We offer an excellent standard of service at every level, trusted across every stage of the project lifecycle
- We go beyond keeping clients informed by making every client aware of anticipated longer-term industry developments
Committed to long-term industry developments
By investing in long-term technology developments, JDR is supporting the evolution of cost-effective renewable energy production, importantly for offshore wind; utilising its latest technology advances from high voltage cable technology to new aluminium cores.
- DECC-supported work on high-voltage inter-array cables that will improve power capacity by increasing array cable voltage ratings from 33kV to 66kV
- Investigating: how dynamic ratings could reduce cable conductor sizes and subsequent material costs; and how strain sensing fibre optics can be used to minimise installation issues.
- Transferring oil and gas experience to renewable applications such as pre-terminated inter-array cables.
- New aluminium conductor core inter-array cable; XLPE insulated and type tested to IEC 60502-2 and CIGRE standards.