Last updated: December 2012
Other privacy terms may apply where you access other services through the Website. You should read any other applicable privacy policies carefully before accessing and using such other services.
What personal information do we collect?
The personal information that we may use
The personal information about you which the Website may collect, should you choose to provide it, includes:
- Your name and contact information signature, address, fax number, telephone numbers and e-mail address;
- the content of electronic forms, messages or comments you submit via the Website, requesting us to provide services or information, take actions, or provide you with our newsletter, which may include personal data such as your name, contact details and the issues in question;
- information you provide if you report a problem with our Website;
- records of any correspondence when you contact us;
- the reason for your contact, for example, an enquiry, providing a comment, a job application or registration for our site or our newsletter or details of the events we will be attending and where you can meet us;
- your IP address (a unique identifier for your company or other access device) which we may log when you visit the Websites;
- details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and communication data and the resources that you access; and/or
- your contact and marketing preferences.
What do we do with the personal information we collect?
We use your personal information to provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- to deal with your request or enquiry;
- to process, administer and update you in relation to any application(s) made to us;
- internal record keeping;
- to improve our products and services;
- to improve and personalise your experience when you visit the Website;
- for the operation, administration, development and enhancement of the Website and to ensure that the content of the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to contact you by e-mail, phone or mail for the above reasons in accordance with your preferences;
- where necessary as part of any restructuring of the Company or a sale of a relevant member of the JDR Cable Systems group;
- to advertise certain products which we think you might be interested in to you when you visit the Website or other external sites;
- to contact you regarding any specific enquiry you make;
- statistical analysis; and/or
- to carry out direct marketing and/or e-mail marketing that you have requested.
Your personal information will be used for the above purposes by relevant staff in the Company and by those who support them in their roles. It will also be made available to companies within our group of companies, and to those we engage to help us run our business. This may include distributors of our products and service, as well as service providers and subcontractors retained to perform functions on our behalf or to provide services to us, such as warehousing and delivery; marketing and advertising; software development; website hosting and management; information technology and office services; legal, accounting, audit and other professional service providers; and other services related to our business. Such information being provided to such service providers and subcontractors on the basis that they do not collect, use or disclose the personal information for any purpose other than to perform such functions on our behalf or to provide services to us or as otherwise required by law.
Your personal information may also be shared within our group of companies for other limited purposes e.g. to the extent needed for proper management and analysis and decision making.
The Company may also disclose your personal data:
- In response to a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise its legal rights; to defend legal claims; or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable laws and/or regulations;
- When the Company believes that disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud, or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of the Company, its customers, staff, suppliers or others; to comply with applicable law or co-operate with law enforcement; or to enforce its terms or other agreements; and
- To prospective or actual buyers in the event that the Company sells any of its business or assets.
Other than as set out above, we will not transfer, disclose, sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission to do so or are otherwise required or permitted to do so by law.
Where is your data?
The personal information you provide through the Website is processed in the United Kingdom. Some of the companies or other third parties to whom your personal information will be disclosed are located outside the European Economic Area, in countries which do not provide the same level of protection to personal information. Whether the personal information you provide to us is processed by us or our vendors within the EEA or outside of it, we will take steps to ensure that your personal information will be afforded the level of protection required of us under applicable data protection legislation and this policy.
Security and storage
Once any personal information comes into our possession, we will take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure as appropriate to the nature of the information and the harm that might result from a breach of security.
Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee the security of any transmission of personal information over the Internet. Communications over the internet such as e-mails are not secure unless they have been encrypted. So while we strive to protect such information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to us. You therefore accept the inherent security implications of dealing online and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless such breach has been caused by the specific negligence of the Company, its affiliates or its agents.
We may retain your personal data for an appropriate period of time in accordance with our data retention policies. Where you ask us to cease sending marketing communication(s) to you, we will maintain your details on a suppression list for this purpose.
Keeping you informed
We will keep your details on record until we have completed dealing with your request, enquiry or application and then for a reasonable period afterwards, in accordance with data protection and other applicable legislation.
The Company may keep your details on record for as long as is necessary for the above purposes. During which time, we may contact you to let you know if the Company has any further information relating to your initial enquiry or application. At the end of that period we will securely delete your details and will not contact you again unless or until you request us to do so.
Access to information
You may contact us at any time if you wish to check the accuracy of any information that we hold about you, or to request that we update, correct or delete the information by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that our ability to amend or delete your details may be subject to legal limitations e.g. we may not be able to delete your files until we have completed a transaction with you and may only be able to delete limited details since we may need to have an ongoing relationship with you in relation to eg employment.
What are your rights?
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you have certain rights in relation to the information we hold about you. You can find out if we hold any personal information by making a ‘subject access request’ under the Data Protection Act 1998 and obtain a copy of those details about you which you would like to have. In addition, you have other rights in relation to your data such as the right to request correction of your personal information.
Should you wish to make a request, please submit it in writing to the address below and enclosing a cheque for £10 payable to JDR Cable Systems Ltd. Details will be provided to you within 40 days of us receiving your clear, written request and fee.
Links to other websites
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to the websites of other organisations which may be of interest to you. Linked websites are responsible for their own privacy practices and you should check those websites for their respective privacy statements.
c/o JDR CABLE SYSTEMS LTD
Littleport Innovation Park
Littleport, Cambridgeshire CB6 1RA
More information regarding your rights can be obtained from:
The Information Commissioner’s Office
Tel: 01625 545700*
*calls may be recorded
Direct marketing and your preferences
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies. You may delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings. (Click “Help” in the toolbar of most browsers for instructions or review the cookie management guide produced by the Interactive Advertising Bureau – www.allaboutcookies.org.) If you do so, some of the features and services of the Website may not function properly. Your continued use of the Website will be treated as consent to the use of these cookies for the purposes described.
2 years from set/update
30 minutes from set/update.