JDR to showcase its expanding subsea product & service offer for offshore field operators at OTC 2013
: 23 April 2013: At the 2013 Offshore Technology Conference (OTC) from 6-9 May, JDR will demonstrate its expanding offshore technology, product and service offer for global energy production markets. Key product innovations on show will include JDR’s subsea production umbilicals and subsea power cables, ground-breaking Open Water IWOC Umbilical System and growing range of accessories for custom engineered subsea systems. JDR will based at booth 4973 in the Reliant Centre.
Andrew Norman, JDR’s CEO commented: “JDR has extensive industry sector knowledge and experience and has created a world class full service offering. From project analysis to engineering design, manufacture, mobilisation and lifecycle service and support, the JDR team is here to support our customers through every stage of project delivery. Looking ahead, we continue to develop next generation oil, gas and renewable energy technologies that will maximise the efficient delivery of power, control and communications for subsea operators.”
Paul Gahm, VP Sales and Marketing at JDR, commented: “Visitors to the JDR booth at OTC will experience our latest advances in custom engineered products for subsea installations and interventions at ever increasing water depths and distances. Our umbilicals, power cables and accessories, from hang-off assemblies to Subsea Umbilical Terminations, can be used to connect topside to subsea.
“He continued: “Our end-to-end product capability is supported through global Aftermarket, Installation and Maintenance Services (AIMS). AIMS supports customers from project installation to pre-commissioning with full product lifecycle support. Our combined approach maximises investment in a JDR product and supports our clients in lowering the total lifetime cost of equipment ownership.”
JDR uses its in-depth knowledge of hose, umbilical and cable technology to create products tailored to individual client project requirements. Key product and services JDR will present during OTC 2013 include:
- Subsea Production Umbilicals – JDR has taken a leading position in the development of next generation subsea production umbilicals. Utilising its knowledge of the inherent lifecycle and reliability design challenges, JDR’s SPUs are designed to operate long-term in challenging and dynamic subsea environments.
- Subsea Power Cables – JDR has utilised its expertise in designing dynamic and static products for harsh offshore environments to create power cables for subsea applications. JDR’s SPC solutions can include fibre optic communications and fluid transfer between fixed and floating offshore installations and subsea infrastructures.
- IWOCS (Intervention Workover Control System) – JDR is the world’s leading manufacturer of IWOCS umbilicals. JDR has developed specialised test equipment to simulate deployment before final manufacture and assembly; over 40 IWOCS designs have been through this specialist validation programme. JDR’s design team has led the development of new Open Water Umbilical technology. Open Water products significantly reduce offshore operating costs by enabling IWOCS umbilicals to be deployed and recovered independent of the workover riser or wire-line.
- Renewable Energy Cables – JDR has become a global leader in the development of Inter-Array Power Cables for offshore wind, wave and tidal energy projects. The JDR engineering team understands the key development challenges in medium voltage dynamic and static Inter-Array Power cables. Now, with the support of a UK government grant, JDR is developing the next generation of high voltage cables.
- Accessories – JDR’s approach includes a growing range of system accessories include custom-designed subsea umbilical terminations, cable hang-offs and pull-in heads.
- Service and Support – JDR’s AIM Services provides 24/7 aftermarket, installation and maintenance support through a global network of highly experienced and fully certified technicians. AIMS supports customers from project installation to pre-commissioning with full product lifecycle support.